With friends, family, great weather and lots of food and drink – what’s not to love about the festive season?
Here at #SoberSelfie HQ, we can think of one thing about this time of year which isn’t always ideal….the dreaded hangover. And is it just us, or do they seem to be getting worse?
Regardless of the severity of the hangover, we always seem to get back on the horse and give the boozee another good nudge, hey?
Well, here’s an idea for you, it’s definitely a bit gutsy so hear us out. Why wait for New Years Day or summer to be over to have some time off drinking? Why not start now.
Sounding tough? Here’s s list a pro’s that might get you over the line…
- Have a guaranteed ride home (for those of us who possess a drivers license). Ever offered to give up a limb in order to get a ride home while standing in a never-ending taxi line, or waited an hour for the cab to not show up? It sucks!
- Skip the drama. The festive season comes with lots of emotions, especially when there’s family involved. Not having a few vinos or VB’s under your belt will help in reducing the risk of saying something you might later regret.
- It’s always better with two. Encourage a few mates to have some time off the booze with you to keep morale up.
- Treat yourself. Your body, especially your liver, will be very thankful you’re taking a break. Make sure you reward yourself with a massage, shopping spree or hey, even a whole block of chocolate.
- Summer bod. Think of all the calories you won’t be consuming from not drinking, and of course from the 3am burger meal deal. It’s not too late to start working on that summer body.
Remember, the good times don’t stop flowing just because the wine does (hard to believe, we know).